The third class in the Partnering Profits seminar from Brian Clark included guest Rich Schefren of Strategic Profits. This class totally rocked, and Rich rocked the house with the nuggets of wisdom that were falling from his pockets.
Here are the top 10 nuggets of wisdom:
- Joint ventures are all about leveraging: weird circumstance, connections, strengths, etc. — You need to leverage them so they benefit all parties.
- Once you figure out what it is that you’re good at, it will open doors for you to work with others who are good at other things. — This works with the concept of leveraging, leverage your skills to work with other skilled people.
- Work with people who have the same sense of fairness — There are plenty of deals out there, don’t try to convince someone for a larger piece of the pie, just find another pie!
- You need to have a “just in time” perspective rather than a “just in case” perspective — information online goes stale very quickly, so better to act fast than have things under your belt for the future. (ex. write the blog post today, rather than thinking about writing it in the future)
- Look for opportunities in areas that truly interest you — Love what you do, and you’ll be a lot more productive!
- Sometimes you don’t value what it is that you know that’s special, because you already know it. — The goal is to realize what’s special that you know, and value it.
- Attention is the scarcest commodity, the way to rise above the clutter is to run a sprint when everyone else is running a marathon — When everyone else is plugging away, you can gain attention by working extra hard in short bursts.
- People pay for advice, not information.
- There’s always some luck involved in success, but if you keep knocking at the door, you’ll get lucky eventually!
- You don’t have to be the best at what you do! — There are plenty of people who don’t know anything, you just have to be better than them to be an asset!